Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
This rolling agreement is made between the parent/guardian of each student and Read Theatre School (RTS), and is valid at all times whilst the student is enroled at the school and until such time as written notice (see section 3) is given. By enroling your child at RTS, you accept the following terms and conditions of enrolment.
1. Termly Fees are due two weeks before the start of term, and must be paid in full for each term in advance. If fees are not paid in advance, the student may be denied tuition at RTS. A term is 10 weeks in length.
Where a customer has been granted a weekly payment agreement, a full term’s fees will remain payable even when a term varies in length.
Where a sibling or multiple class discount is given this will only stand where payment is received, in full, two weeks before the start of term.
Late Fee Payment Charge: Where an invoice has been issued and payment is not received two weeks before term starts, an administrative charge of £25 may be added to your account. This is because chasing late payments takes up a considerable amount of time. To ensure people who pay promptly do not unfairly have to pay for this – we have introduced the late payment charge so that only late payers have to pay for the time it takes to chase their payment. We feel it is the fairest solution. Please pay promptly.
Where failure to make payment on your account occurs, after reasonable reminders and requests for payment, our policy is to pass the debt to another agency to collect the debt on our behalf and you will incur further collection costs.
2. RTS aims to provide the services advertised within the advertised term dates. We retain the right to change the advertised programme of classes in the event of illness or other circumstances beyond our control.
3. Notice, in writing, of half a term (or 6 weeks) must be given if leaving the school in order to terminate this agreement. Even if the student is unable to attend RTS until the completion of either notice periods, the fees remain due. Failure to provide written notice to firstname.lastname@example.org will mean that your fees for that term will remain due, despite a pupils absence. Verbal communication with a teacher does not constitute serving notice.
4. No refunds can be given for days when the student does not attend or for classes or dates that are cancelled due to events or circumstances beyond our control which includes snow days.
5. Uniform must be worn by all students whenever they attend RTS. Uniform can be ordered here accept for jazz shoes which must be ordered through the office and will be fitted on site.
6. The parent/guardian gives lifetime permission for Read Theatre School to use images (still and video) of the student in publicity materials online, on our website www.readtheatreschool.co.uk, and on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc) and in video recordings of our performances on our youtube and Vimeo channels. In exceptional circumstances where the pupil may need to be excluded from publicity materials due to child protection issues, this must be put in writing to Read Theatre School to email@example.com.
7. By bringing your child/self to Read Theatre School you understand that there are risks of physical injury associated with the activity of dance and performing arts. As you recognise the risk of injury you knowingly and voluntary waive all rights and causes of any kind, including but not limited to, injury and negligence while attending a Read Theatre School class/event. This includes all Read Theatre School staff, coaches, chaperones, volunteers and any other affiliated entities. You hereby agree to release Read Theatre School and hold Read Theatre School harmless of all liability and you acknowledge that you knowingly and voluntarily assume full responsibility of all physical injury arising out of physical injury arising out of active participation in Read Theatre School activities. You have agreed to this release of liability freely and of you own free will.
8.You understand that the needs of each child vary so decisions are made on a case-by-case basis and depend upon the level of support each individual child may require. We are not able to provide one-to-one support to a child.
We are happy to accommodate a child with specific needs on a paid trial basis and reserve the right to review further bookings.
10. I am aware of your Safe Guarding Policy http://www.readtheatreschool.co.uk/safeguarding-policy/